Convenient, networked and sustainable: new solutions for charging electric Volkswagen models
- Plug & Charge will soon make charging cards a thing of the past
- Bidirectional charging will transform electric cars into mobile energy stores of the future
- New software for improved charge planning and faster charging
- With over 270,000 charging points, Volkswagen offers access to one of the largest and fastest-growing charging networks in Europe
- Charging and energy are becoming a core business for Volkswagen
Wolfsburg – Volkswagen is the first high-volume manufacturer to offer its customers a universal and seamless eco-system for charging their electric models. The service with the name We Charge will be enhanced step-by-step to offer higher performance, convenience and sustainability – with new charging solutions for home and mobile charging, new functions in the ID. models and soon also with the technology of bidirectional charging.
“The across-the-board enhancement of the charging infrastructure is decisive for accelerating the ramp-up of the electric mobility campaign. Charging must become simpler and easier to integrate into daily activities,” explains Silke Bagschik, CMO ID. Digital and Head of Marketing & Sales, Product Line e-Mobility at Volkswagen. “With the new software in our ID. Models along with solutions like Plug & Charge, we as a manufacturer are making a decisive contribution to realising such goals.”